Thursday, October 3, 2013

Review: Bobby (A Short Story) By Scott Zavoda


I recently had to the chance to branch out from writing product reviews, to reviewing a short story.  Here is the description from Amazon:
It's the summer of 1979. The weather is fantastic, and Danny can't wait to take his disabled younger brother fishing, away from Dad, away from everything. But Danny has been frightened of Bobby's wheelchair ever since hearing of its terrible history. But those are just stories and its nothing like the real terror, which awaits them at Grady Pond today.  
 This is a great horror short story.  I really do think that Scott Zavoda could really expand on it and make it into a novel.  There are quite a few flashbacks, but without them, the story would seem kind of plain and you wouldn't understand what was going on.  The ending kind of freaked me out, which I guess it's supposed to since its a horror story.

Overall, this is a pretty good read, if you like horror stories.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers or that my readers will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment